10.1.09

Let’s become a journalist!




Before Christmas I went to a fourth of ESO class where the students were working on a Project called “el País de los Estudiantes”. As I am studying to be journalist, my coach asked me to talk with them about the profession in general. Although I am a bit pessimistic about the practical uses of my degree, I tried to give them the most neutral vision I could (of course I am not the appropriate person to tell them what to do, and I don’t want to influence them). Thus I explained the students that journalism is a nice profession, but also a discredited one. I told them to think it twice, not only about choosing journalism, but about choosing a degree in general. I told them to think not only of the degree and the syllabus, but also of the good or bad prospects of the future job. I really enjoyed a lot that class! They asked me lots of questions because they were a little bit confused about the steps they had to follow before going to the university. I felt for a while I was an important person!

Joking apart, I think that somehow my words helped them.

No hay comentarios: